Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spices and Herbs

(cw)dried parsley, nutmeg, dried oregano,
chili powder, black pearl sago, cinnamon powder, 
(c)fenugreek



Here are few of the spices and herbs for everyday use given by my neighbour who work in spice company. Most of the products will be export to Japan. She gave us few common spices like turmeric powder, garlic powder, black pepper, basil leaves and etc.

I use dried parsley in my garlic bread, or i can said whenever i make my savory bread. Sprinkle a little bit in a cream of chicken or mushroom soup to add up some color, will do. Nutmeg, i prefer the powder type, make my work more easier when preparing the bingka labu (traditional malay kuih made from pumpkin) and cekodok(made from banana and flour). The oregano flakes, for the spaghetti, pasta and pizza. Chilli powder commonly use in indian cruisine like curry, tandoori chicken, wow i just love it. It is my first time seeing this dried type black pearl sago. I did try to boil it and let it expand to double it size and drink with soya milk, not bad. Cinnamon powder, to make cinnabon! what else. Last but not least the fenugreek , i will use in curry fish, nasi dagang and nasi lemak, smell so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment